WINNER 2018 HIA SUNSHINE COAST “SMALL-LOT” of the YEAR!
WINNER 2018 HIA QUEENSLAND “SMALL-LOT” of the YEAR!
Project Brief / Specifications:
Address: 43 Claremont Drive, Maroochydore, 4558.
Building Name: DARK CLEAN LINES - Contemporary Timber Design
Description Brief: Small Lot - Contemporary Designer home. Energy Efficient. Functional use of Light and Space: 4 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom, Internal Courtyard and Dbl Garage 301sq mtr home on a 222sq mtr Block.
List of Materials and Design Features:
- Liquid Marble - Pearl Epoxy Floor to Entire Ground floor. One-of-a-Kind!
- Bradnams: 2400mm High: Low e-Glaze Monument Aluminium Grey glass Windows
- Bradnams: 2400mm High: Low e-Glaze Aluminium Glazed Front and Sliding Doors
- 2400mm High Internal Joinery including Lockwood Velocity door furniture
- Samsung 12.5kw Ducted & Zoned Air-Conditioning system
- Black “Polished Render” feature wall to Living room
- Floating Staircase with custom laser-cut balustrade: With concealed fixing Steel frame Hardwood Timber “floating” treads – Gloss Finish
Kitchen: Contemporary / Custom Design Kitchen with:
- 2400mm High Cabinetry with shadow line to ceiling
- Blum soft-close drawers
- 20mm Caesarstone Jet-Black Stone top to Island bench
- Timber overhanging panel to island bench to enhance the sharpness of the design
- Timber bench top to Breakfast bar area to tie into the island bench design.
- Integrated dishwasher into joinery
- Underslung dbl sink with Nero Mixer
- Baumatic Studio Solari 600mm - Black Glass Double Wall Oven
- Baumatic 900mm Black Glass Electric Hot plate with 900mm Range-hood above concealed in custom joinery to match
- Extra storage space on “living” side of island bench
- Water point to fridge
- Master Bedroom Ensuite & WIR with a Juliette balcony: to create depth, space and freedom
- Spacious Master Bedroom with Double Sliding doors to balcony
- Large WIR. Bradnams Custom built-in joinery
- Massive Ensuite with large Shower stale and Double Shower – ceiling & wall outlets. AREZZO 1700mm Free-standing bath with “JET” floor mounted mixer.
- Bradnams Wrap-around corner window.
- Amber -600 x 600 Stone Cement rectified, Floor to Ceiling tiles. Feature Tile: Hex Black to floors and walls including shower niche. Something you’ve never seen!
- Galaxy -above counter vanity – 38mm Honey Elm benchtop and Polar white Floating joinery
- 1000x1000 Shower, 1650mm bathtub, Caesarstone “Oceanstone” Floating vanity
- Floor: Amber Tiles 600x600 Stone Cement rectified – Same tile runs up above bathtub to ceiling.
- Walls: Gloss White 600x300 “laid brick-bond” with contrasting grout
- Semi-Framed Glass Shower screen. Bradnams
- 2400mm High Mirrored Robe Doors to bedrooms. Bradnams
- Private Alfresco Court-yard with Synthetic turf flooring
- A mixture of cladding materials and paint colours to create contrast and texture variances.
- Rendered Block work – Surfmist & Monument
- Clear Stained – J.Hardie Easy-Lap panel
- Timber Stained J.Hardie Axon -Timber Grain panel
- Monument J.Hardie Axon -Timber Grain panel
- 2400mm High Remote Sectional Panel Lift Garage door - Stoddarts
- Soffits to entries finished in wall cladding to enhance the contemporary design
- Aluminium Laser Cut “Monument” Feature Powder Coated Panels to Set Off the contemporary “Dark Clean Line” design.
- Front Elevation – Balustrade to balcony -Functional and Aesthetically designed
- Front Elevation – Ensuite window to enhance the design and provide privacy
- Internal Stairwell – to tie it all together (Internal /external)
- Aluminium Feature “Monument” Powder Coated 300mm wide Sun-Hoods
- Rear Elevation Sun hoods – Functional and Aesthetically designed
Energy Efficiency & Comfort:
- 8.5 Star - BER energy rating
- e-Glaze windows. Bradnams “Synergy”. Cool in summer & warm in winter.
- R2.5 Insulation batts to all external walls and ceilings & R2.5 batts to all Roof areas.
- 2700 High square-set Ceilings throughout.
- Ducted & Zoned Air-Conditioning throughout
- Ceiling Fans to all Bedrooms and Living areas
- Premium grade Carpet and Underlay
- Security and Flyscreens throughout
- Block-out Window Blinds to maintain energy efficiency
- Extra-Large Bedrooms, Quality glass and mirror robe doors @ 2400H
This project has been designed to complement its location with a Desirable North facing aspect which utilizes the natural sunlight and rotation of the sun to the designs advantage. This unique home has been Engineered and Built by a hand-picked professional team from start to finish. Executive Range Electrical switches, USB port and light fittings with the environmental impact a key component of this build. Including insulation under the slab to maintain a constant temperature of the slab all year round. Open plan living, high ceilings and Large windows to allow maximum lighting to penetrate the building, and give the home a sense of openness and an additional entrance door from lane way, not normally associated with Small-Lot living.
Contemporary designed Gardens and Feature Gabion Basket wall, with Vertical garden grow wall, Drip feed watering system to all gardens for low maintenance and efficiency.
Large Synthetic turf Internal courtyard provides privacy and allows cross ventilation through the home, low maintenance and softens the area.
Every aspect of the home has been thought about extensively and finished to a high-quality standard.