Finalist in the 2017 HIA Housing Awards.
Project Brief / Specifications:
Address: 32 Figtree Lane, Maroochydore, 4558.
Building Name: Contemporary Clean Lines – Orange is the New Black
Description Brief: Small Lot - Contemporary designer home.
This small-lot design has successfully fulfilled the design brief with the use and positioning of glazing, high ceilings and 2400mm High Windows and Doors, allowing light to penetrate throughout, with a spacious floor plan to roam free, and a touch of Masculine Minimalistic feel to finish it off.
- Energy Rating: 6.3 Star and Stamped Approved Plans – See Attachment
- Completed: 11th November 2016
List of Materials and Design Features:
- Polished Concrete Slab to Ground floor
- 2700mm High Ceilings throughout
- 2400mm High Glazing and Joinery throughout, including glazed front doors to increase light infiltration
- Ducted Air-Conditioning throughout
- “Exposed” Blockwork feature wall to Living room, to create contrast
- Custom Black Powder-coated Steel Stair Stringer and handrail with:
- All steel welds grinded and polished back to produce a seamless finish.
- Glass panel infills
- Hardwood Timber Treads
- Contemporary Custom Design Kitchen with:
- Lay-back waterfall end panel, to enhance the sharpness of the design
- Black Stone bench top
- Breakfast bar area
- Integrated dishwasher
- Underslung dbl sink
- 600mm Wall Oven
- Water point for fridge
- 900mm Electric Hot plate with Freestanding Range hood over. (Custom joinery to match)
- Extra storage space on “living” side of island bench
- Internal Alfresco Court-yard to allow: Light / Breeze and Entertainment within the privacy of your own home. A necessity for a zero-boundary small lot design.
- Large Master bedroom, WIR and Ensuite with a Juliette balcony to the front to create depth, space and freedom.
- Large storage space - essential for small lot designs
- Floor to Ceiling Tiles to the Ensuite and Main Bathrooms
- A mixture of cladding materials and paint colours to create contrast and texture variances.
- Rendered Block work
- Rendered Blue Board
- Matrix cladding with express joint
- Feature Matrix panelling to the Front Façade to highlight and profile the building amongst the adjacent properties
- Parapet walls to enhance the contemporary design
- Feature “Burnt Orange” Aluminium Powder Coated Vertical Blades to Set Off the contemporary “Clean Lines” design. Located in the following areas:
- Front Elevation – Functional and Aesthetically designed
- Rear Elevation (Garage / Entry) – to create contrast
- Rear Elevation Sun hoods – Functional and Aesthetically designed
- Internal Stairwell – to tie it all together (Internal /external)... Just because they are sexy.